POWERPLAY HORSE Training
Introduction, Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced, Professional’s Masterclass
From the bare basics of a beginner to professional skills and application play your way to your dream horse - and become the dream human for your horse.
If you want to get along with your horse, are an ambitious rider who wants to spend quality time with horses and keep learning, want to start your own horse, or are interested in a career and aim to help others down the line - PowerPlay is the way who puts the horse and your bond first.
Instinct and knowledge, experience with and understanding horses are key in this unconventional alternative to common, forceful methods.
You’ll not only gain a new perspective - that of horses - but you’ll find a new you along the way. You’ll work on your mental, emotional and physical fitness, learn about leadership that doesn’t hide behind false dominance and give your spirit a make-over.
Because the bond with horses starts with you.
Private classes are all about you and your horse, If you are shy or have certain issues to work on, this might be your first choice.
Courses are limited in participants and topics flow. Everybody gets the attention and time to work on their individual needs.
A note on Level goals and possible achievements
While PowerPlay Levels are accessible to everyone you will encounter plenty of opportunities.
For example if you start in Foundation with a young horse and work your way through Intermediate at your pace you will end up a great team. You teach your horse the basics and from there at Intermediate you will be able to enjoy Trail Rides together. If you are more ambitious and curious you can move on to Advanced together.
Even Re-Starting your horse is a possibility.
We always welcome all breeds and colors, stallions, mules, gaited horses and all ages.
The introduction to applying PowerPlay in training as opposed to common methods. Also an assessment of your current place with your horse.
If you are unsure if PowerPlay is for you, start here.
The Introduction course is not a requirement to the Foundation Course.
PowerPlay Foundation I & II
Foundation is a great way to teach a foal the basics and start a horse.
If you don’t own a horse yet or can’t bring them you will be assisted by our horses and learn from participating horses.
This course is also a great preparation before you own a horse.
- What is PowerPlay and how to apply it in being with horses and training horses
- Learning through Play
- Horse Training
- The human factor
- False dominance
- How and what horses feel
- Effects of common training methods and tools
- Reading and understanding horses
- Assess horses and situations
- The basics in handling horses (halter, leading, brushing, etc.)
- Body Language I
- Building trust through Play
- Basic Groundwork
- Playing with young horses for fun and preparation
- When or if you should start or re-start your horse under the saddle
- First steps in riding and where your goals are today
- Get to know your horses talents, natural abilities and physical limitations
- Considerations before you buy a horse
- Continuation and deepening of Foundation work
- Intermediate Groundwork
- The Collection Myth
- Natural gaits and flow
- Correct seating with and without saddle
- Sit in balance
- Body Language II
- Psychology of the horse I
- Build trust, confidence and flexibility through playful tricks, games and obstacles
- Basic elements under the saddle
- Achieving smooth ease
- Lightness and softness without pressure
- Trail Riding
- Bombproofing your horse
Intermediate Package Deal comes with additional intensive weekend.
- Continuation and deepening of Foundation & Intermediate work
- Problem Solving
- Advanced Groundwork
- Psychology of the horse II
- Playful tricks, games and obstacles under the saddle
- Advanced riding
- The full potential of you and your horse
- Where to go from here
Advanced Package Deal comes with additional intensive weekend.
Requires Advanced & Invitation
- Extensive review, continuation and deepening of all levels
- Problem-horses, problem-people
- Starting and re-starting horses
- Ranch Work
- Building & Management of classes, courses, clients
To teach what you know and to work with different horses you’ll need great knowledge and rely on intuition and experience.
Which is why during Masterclass you will observe and actively take part in classes, courses and the training of horses.
Later on you will teach the classes yourself, with a PowerPlay Trainer observing and helping out if you need it.
Finally you will be tested on several clients/horses/situations and with consideration of your work during Masterclass receive your well earned certification.
Certified trainers are expected to check-in now and then to refresh their knowledge during running classes and gain more experience with interesting cases.
They may also present difficult cases of their own for support!